May 29, 2007

Thematically in sync

Last week, Shadakalo and others reported on the double hoax in which the New Nation (hereonin referred to as t.p.) decided on their own "evidence" that a letter bearing the seal of the U.S. government was a hoax.

This week, right-wing bloggers in the U.S. have pretty much pulled a t.p. of their own. Read about it on Glenn Greenwald's blog.

I know, I know. You're all as disappointed as I am. I like to think Bangladeshis are exceptional as much as you do, even when it's at something stupid or evil. I wore the TI "most corrupt nation" pretty proudly on my sleeve. But facts are facts: we're not the only ones who think that seals can be forged using "the photoshop programme of the computer".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend "Lies and the lying liars who tell them"--an absolutely great book that documents in detail how the wingnuts can just make s**t up to fit their agenda.

Our Tasers and M&Ms are but children compared to them.

I look at the US Attorney purge scandal, and compare it to the BNP-ization of election officials in Bangladesh, and the prospect of a Rove-Tarique strategy team scares the bejessus out of me.

a said...

Al Franken right? I think I may have read excerpts.

That was exactly my intention, to show that we're not exceptional when it comes to these things, as the staffer from Kennedy's office quoted on your blog seemed to imply.

Frankly, Moudud was a poor man's Rove anyday. At least Rove has more loyalty! The prospects of democracy being susceptible to these sort of weaknesses is exactly why many argue (wrongly in my opinion) against it.

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
She never wants to go back! LoL I know this
is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!

My webpage: Christian Louboutin Online (christianlouboutin-canada.byllcd.com)